Manatee Cove Family Campground
The Fam Camp office will be closed Friday, Dec 1 in support of the Winter Fest basewide event.
Any questions or concerns, please see host on duty.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Welcome to the Manatee Cove Family Campground; a premier location proudly serving all military and Department of Defense ID cardholders.
We are located along the historic Banana River and offer:
- 156 full-service sites with 30/50 amp capacity
- 5 primitive camping sites
- 2 laundry and shower facilities
- Community Center with campground kitchen, community room, WiFi, extended cable and Netflix.
- Private beach with kayak rack to secure personal kayaks.
- Pet Run
- Update on FamCamp Improvements
We service campground customers via phone and in person @ Outdoor Recreation: Mon, 10 am - 1 pm and Wed thru Sat, 10 am - 5 pm.
If you are experiencing difficulty reaching us by phone, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond as soon as possible. We highly recommend you provide a phone number in your email.
We understand our customers have a choice on where to recreate with their RV. Please take a moment to read the following important information to ensure our campground policies suit your needs.
The following documents are required for admission to the campground:
- Proof of current registration and insurance for the RV and all vehicles accompanying you.
- A copy to be attached to your registration paperwork of a current rabies vaccination for each pet accompanying you. (Maximum of two pets allowed)
- A current DOD identification card.
- An installation pass issued by Security Forces for each non-DOD cardholder guest aged 18 years or older.
Per DAF34-101, AF campgrounds are transient recreational facilities provided for the purpose of recreating with an RV, and are not to be utilized as military housing or TLF facilities. Active duty members who elect to utilize the campground shall meet the intent of use for AF campground facilities and shall comply with the policies set forth. Exceptions will not be made in support of permanent orders to an installation or other official military business.
VHIC holders: Please plan your arrival at a time when the installation Pass and ID office is open. Per the Federal VHIC guidance, people of this status must register his/her VHIC card at the Pass and ID Office for entry onto an installation and hence into our campground. Per the Federal guidance, registration at an installation is not reciprocated. Per PSFB policy, you may be accompanied by up to 5 immediate family members and must obtain a visitor pass for all over the age of 18. This status is not permitted to sponsor another RV with guests into the campground. It is the responsibility of the cardholder to maintain current guest passes for the duration of the site rental.
Routine operating hours for the installation commercial gate is Mon - Fri, 6 am - 5 pm. This gate is closed on MAJCOM family days and Federal holidays. During non-routine daylight hours you may call ahead to Security Forces at 321-494-2008.
The Pass and ID Office is located at the East gate on Highway A1A. Routine office hours are Mon - Fri, 730 am to 4 pm. For long-term guest passes, proof of campground site rental is required. This office is closed on MAJCOM family days and Federal holidays.
Check-ins are conducted between the hours of 10 am to 6 pm, seven days a week. Please note: For guest and host safety, we are prohibited from conducting check-ins after dark. Upon arrival, please check in with the host on duty in the campground. Signage will direct you to site 47, 90 or 91.
Due to the low sodium lighting mandated in order to protect turtle hatchlings during nesting season, overhead lighting in the campground is much dimmer than seen at other locations. As a result, in the best interests of safety and protection of government and personal property, check-ins are not permitted after dark when visibility is less than 25 feet.
If you are an active duty member with a confirmed reservation and are not able to arrive before dark, the reserved site will be retained for you until noon the following day.
Please call or email ahead during the months of September to March to check on site availability. A ‘Space A’ policy goes into effect when occupancy reaches 80%. When this occurs, guests not in the status of active duty, retired, 100% DAV or VHIC will receive a predetermined number of nights in the campground based on the percent of occupancy, provided a site is available. Guests in the aforementioned status will not be bumped for any other status unless ordered by the installation commander.
A notarized rental agreement is required when the RV and/or vehicles are not owned by the person(s) wishing to stay in the campground. For RV or vehicle rentals, including “Air BNB”-type rentals, a copy of the rental agreement must be provided for attachment to the campground registration paperwork. Site rental will not be permitted otherwise.
Site reservations are available for those on active duty status only and must be made a minimum of 30 days in advance. Reservations cannot be transferred to family members.
Sites may not be rented for more than 30 days at a time.
Campers may rent continuously for up to 120 days maximum and 180 within a 12-month period. Whether staying for 1 day or 120 days, once campers have departed the campground with all personal items they must leave for a minimum of 30 days.
Registered guests may temporarily depart the campground and retain the assigned site under the following conditions:
- Up to 24 hours: Notify the host on duty.
- 24 hours up to 7 days: Notify Outdoor Recreation staff and sign out in the temporary departure sign out log. Provide a name and contact number of whom we may contact in your absence for matters pertaining to your RV or any other personal items left on the site. Remain in a paid status up to a maximum of 24 hours past the return date specified on the log.
- Guests who must temporarily depart the campground due to emergency circumstances must contact the campground office via email within 24 hours of departure. Failure to do so may result in the inability to retain the assigned site.
- Unforeseen or extenuating circumstances resulting in a need to depart the campground for more than 7 days may be approved as an exception to policy. Please email the campground office with the request. Approvals are based on need not convenience. Decisions rendered are final.
Boats/trailers and cargo trailers are not permitted in the campground. Dollies are permitted and must be placed at the rear of the RV, on the asphalt or lime rock.
A maximum of one vehicle per site, in addition to the RV is authorized. Golf carts are considered vehicles. ADA or medical transportation devices are not considered golf carts.
The riverside shoreline along the campground is managed by the same installation access guidelines in addition to Federal and State environmental protection laws. Mooring of boats is not permitted at any time. Security Forces will be activated.
Children 10 years of age and younger must be supervised by a parent or parentally-approved guardian 16 years of age or older. Supervision is defined as line of sight at all times.