WHAT IS UNITE? Revitalizing Squadrons "...The Beating Heart of the Air Force"
The UNITE initiative provides Squadron/unit commanders with funding to facilitate unit cohesion and initiate programs that benefit their members. Eligibility – This program will benefit all Airmen in a unit — Active AF, Reserve and Civilian (appropriated and nonappropriated employees) directly assigned to the squadron. Family members and contractors are highly encouraged to participate, however non-reimbursable.
HOW CAN WE SUPPORT
Your Community Programs and Unit Cohesion Coordinator (C3) will assist you with the planning, development and coordination of UNITE programs and events whether on or off the installation. You have the flexibility of creating your own unit-developed event or select from a wide variety of ready-to-execute programs. Per approved event, Activity Funds (up to $13.50 per person) may be used to offset Airmen participation costs for a unit cohesive/recreational activity. Food Funds (up to $5 per person) may be used for the purchase of food in conjunction with an approved UNITE event.
What we cannot support
UNITE FUNDS CANNOT BE USED FOR THE FOLLOWING:
- Alcoholic Beverages
- End of Year Events
- Equipment Purchases
- Holiday Parties
- Late Fees/Damaged Equipment
What You Get with UNITE Programs
- Develop new skills or competency
- Improve physical fitness
- Increase esprit de corps, comradery or morale
- Promote interaction between unit members
- Provide an opportunity for fun or relaxation
- Reinforce peer, squadron or AF corps values
- Squadrons will build unit cohesion
- Work on a team-building exercise
How to Host an Event in 4 Easy Steps:
- Establish Your Person(s) of Contact: Squadron Commanders appoint squadron UNITE POC(s). To find out who your squadron UNITE POC is, contact your C-3.
- Event Request Form: Submit your Event Request Form to your C-3. Your C-3 is available to assist you with the development or selection of a UNITE event, to include preparing your event request form. Upon AFSVC approval, your C-3 will coordinate payments required prior to or after your event (allow a minimum of two weeks).
- Have Fun At The Event
- Submit After Action Information: Your feedback is valuable. Complete and submit a quick After Action Form, along with pictures of your event.