Military Personnel Flight
RENEWAL/REPLACEMENT OF RETIREE AND DEPENDENT ID CARDS ARE ACCOMPLISHED THROUGH THE ONLINE PROCESS ONLY.
HOURS OF OPERATIONThe MPF Customer Support Section (DEERS/ID CARDS) is open 8 am - 3 pm Monday thru Friday. The MPF is located at 620 O'Malley Rd, bldg 537, rm 101, Patrick AFB FL 32925. The MPF will be closed on the third (3rd) Friday of each month, all Federal Holidays and on the following dates for CY18:
- Friday, May 25, 2018
- Tuesday, July 3, 2018
- Friday, August 31, 2018
- Friday, October 5, 2018
- Friday, November 23, 2018
- Monday, December 24, 2018
- Monday, December 31, 2018
MPF Customer Support PRIORITY LIST
- TICKET A: CAC Reset/Block, DEERS & In-processing
- TICKET B: CAC Issuance/Work Stoppage
- TICKET C: CAC Renewal for Rank Change and all others
IdentificationProper identification is required for all transactions. To be issued any ID card, 2 forms of unexpired identification are required for adults, one of which must be a current photo ID. CHILDREN under 18 years of age, only one form of ID is needed. (Ex. SSAN card, Birth certificate, school ID or current military ID card).
Renewal of ID/CAC CardsRenewal of ID/CAC cards must be within 30 days prior to the expiration date. (Exception: Deploying Members with orders whose expiration date is within the dates of the deployment)
Lost/Stolen OR Confiscated ID CardIf you lost your ID card, you will need to fill out a lost ID letter in our office and two forms of ID. For lost/stolen CAC cards, you will need one of the following items below in addition to 2 forms of identification, one of which must be an unexpired photo ID:
- Police report
- A statement or document as provided by the Service or agency (e.g., counseling document) or
- Letter or memorandum from the activity's security manager, the individual's supervisor, or the First Sergeant.
Contractors For ID/CAC cardEnsure your Trusted Agent (TA) has you in the CVS system. Contractors must have TWO (unexpired) forms of ID. One must be a state/government issued photo ID. If going overseas, please ensure you have your current (within 30 days) LOA.
**If this is your First CAC/ID card, please ensure you have arrangements to access the installation. Any documents must be Original/Certified. Photocopies are NOT acceptable.**
Military RetireesInitial Requirement: Retirement Orders * Reserve/National Guard Retirees: Orders/Letter transferring to Retired List and authorizing retired pay. If Medicare eligible, the Medicare Card along with the two (unexpired) forms of ID.
Turning 65 - Tricare For Life. If you are turning 65 years old and will be on TRICARE for Life, you must provide your Medicare card showing Part A along with TWO (unexpired) forms of ID.
Civilian RetireesCivilians retiring must have SF Form 50 and have TWO (unexpired) forms of ID (No Badges). One must be a state/government issued photo ID. **Documents must be Original/Certified. Photocopies are NOT acceptable.**
Civilian Employees Civilians must have TWO (unexpired) forms of ID (No Badges) to receive new ID card. One must be a state/government issued photo ID.
Civilian Employees (Overseas Position) Provide DD Form 2365, SF Form 50 annotating that person is assigned to an Overseas Emergency Essential Position, and two (unexpired) forms of ID (no badges). One must be a state/government issued photo ID.
Military/Retiree/Civilian Dependent ID Card Renewal/Replacement
INFORMATION UPDATED FEB 2018*Widows/100% DAV/Initial Enrollment do not fall under the ID card renewal process.*
ON-LINE RENEWAL/REPLACEMENT INSTRUCTIONS
- Step 1. Fill out the Retiree & Dependent ID Card Renewal Application.
- Step 2. For Dependent ID Cards ONLY, Retirees proceed to Step 3
- Sponsor Certify the DD Form 1172 online:
- Have the sponsor (CAC holder or Retirees can create a DS log-on) access the DMDC website to certify the DD Form 1172 for the dependent who is renewing his/her ID card via the following link: DMDC website.
- Once logged into DMDC, click "Replace ID Card" under appropriate Family Member. The system will notify you once the DD Form 1172 has been successfully submitted.
- Step 3. Submit Pictures of Retiree or Dependent and 2 Supporting IDs via AMRDEC SAFE. Open AMRDEC SAFE and submit the following documents to email@example.com.
- 1. Two Supporting Identifications (2 forms of unexpired ID with the EXACT same name, front only)
- 2. Photo of Retiree or Dependent for the ID card that has been taken within 7 days of submission (shoulders up, white/off white background)
- 3. Completed “Application to Renew” form
- 4. If ID card was lost or stolen, you must also upload a memorandum from Security Forces stating the lost/stolen ID card was reported.
- Authorized patron’s ID card: The authorized patron is the military or retired military sponsor or the surviving dependent of the sponsor. The ID card must not be expired.
- Letter from attending physician: When the sponsor is physically unable to shop for themselves, they must obtain a letter from their doctor stating their incapacitating condition or inability to care for themselves. This letter must be current within the year of obtaining the agent letter. This requirement does not apply to active duty military couples with children or active duty single parents with children.
- Copy of current Family Care Plan (Active Duty only): Dual military couples or single parents with children must provide this in order to obtain a Designated Agent letter (usually in cases of deployment, unaccompanied PCS or TDY). The designated agent must be someone designated as a caregiver on the family care plan.
- Two forms of ID, one with photo required: Driver’s License or a state/government issued photo ID; preferably valid driver’s license and social security card.
For Military Retiree Renewal/Replacements and ALL Military/Reiree/Civilian Dependent ID Cards.
The ID card will be ready for pick up in 7 business days. Must bring the original two supporting identifications used to create the ID card with you upon pick-up. The sponsor is not required to be present for Dependent ID card pick-up. Please ensure that you provide correct information on the Dependent Renewal Application (Ex. DoD ID/SSN) for fast service.
Married - Enrollment of Spouse: When adding your spouse to DEERS, the sponsor must be present or new spouse has a valid POA as well as the following documents below:
A valid State/Federal government issued photo ID, Original/Certified copy of marriage certificate that reflects the file number, Birth Certificate (original/certified true copy), Social Security Card. **Documents must be Original/Certified. Photocopies are NOT acceptable.**
Married Dual Mil-to-Mil: If you are an Active Duty Member and have married another Active Duty member, you will need to provide your Original/Certified Marriage Certificate, Social Security Card, and a State/Government issued photo ID. Both military members must be present.
Foreign National Spouse: If your spouse is a foreign national – you will need to provide the original Marriage Certificate, Birth Certificate, Driver License, and Social Security Card (if applicable).**Documents must be Original/Certified and translated into English.**
Name Change for Spouse: According to Defense Human Resource Activity (DHRA), the name may only be changed if the spouse provides at least one identity source document listed on the OMB I-9 form such as a Social Security Card or valid Driver’s License reflecting the name change.
Divorce: Please provide your Original State Filed Divorce Decree OR Certified State Filed Copy to update DEERS. (State Filed Decree that reflects the State File number). **Documents must be Original/Certified. Photocopies are NOT acceptable.**
Adding Newborn/Children/Stepchild To DEERS Sponsor must have the following documents for the child: Birth Certificate/Certificate of Live Birth authenticated by the attending physician & Social Security Card. If a stepchild is being added, the marriage certificate is also needed. **Documents must be Original/Certified. Photocopies are NOT acceptable.**
Children Born Out Of Wedlock Female Sponsors: Child's Birth Certificate and SSN. **Documents must be Original/Certified. Photocopies are NOT acceptable.**
Male sponsors: Court order establishing paternity OR State Voluntary Acknowledgement of Paternity Form, Child's Birth Certificate, SSN, and legal documents showing paternity was judicially determined. *Documents must be Original/Certified. No photocopies*
Adoption of Children Pre-Adopted State: Sponsor will need a Placement Letter for Adoption from the court in process, Birth Certificate, and Social Security Card. **Documents must be Original/Certified. Photocopies are NOT acceptable.**
Final Adoption: Court Order, Birth Certificate, and Social Security Card. **Documents must be Original/Certified. Photocopies are NOT acceptable.**
Incapacitated Child: Initial ID cards will need to be completed at the Sponsor's ID card office. For renewal of any sort, you will need to have a DFAS Re-determination completed in order to be issued a new Dependent ID card. You will need to complete the DD Form 137-5 and submit it to the DFAS. Once completed, we will need the DFAS letter of approval, Dependent Military ID Card, and another valid form of identification as defined by the Department of Homeland Security.
Dependent Ward: An initial Dependent Ward application will need to be completed. Application consists of completion of the DD Form 137-7 and submission of form and all required documentation to DFAS. DFAS will mail a Letter of Approval to the sponsor.
Once received, sponsor will need to provide DFAS Letter of Approval, Court Document placing the child in member's household, Birth Certificate, and Social Security Card. (Applications can be picked up at the ID Card Section office). **Documents must be Original/Certified. Photocopies are NOT acceptable.**
Name Change for Children: Provide official Original/Certified legal documentation (Court Order or Birth Certificate) for name change of children. **Documents must be Original/Certified. Photocopies are NOT acceptable.**
Full Time College Students: Students 21 years of age must bring a letter on letterhead from the school registrar's office stating Full Time Status and Anticipated Graduation Date in an Accredited College in pursuit of an Associate Degree or higher or a printout from the National Student Clearing House containing the same information.
Parent/Parent In-law Enrollment: An initial Parent/Parent In-Law application will need to be completed. The application consists of the completion of the DD Form 137-3 and submission of form and all documentation to the DFAS. DFAS will mail back the Letter of Approval to the sponsor.
Once received, provide the DFAS Letter of Approval, Sponsor Birth Certificate, Parent Birth Certificate, Parent's Photo ID, and Social Security Card.
For renewal of any sort, you will need to re-accomplish the DFAS application process, obtain another Letter of Approval in order to be issued a new Dependent ID card. (Applications can be picked up at the ID Card Section Office). **Documents must be Original/Certified. Photocopies are NOT acceptable.
DESIGNATED AGENT LETTERS1. The Designated Agent letter is issued to an authorized person designated by the military sponsor (or surviving spouse). This letter allows that person access to the Base Exchange and/or commissary for shopping on behalf of the sponsor.
2. This letter is only valid for one year at a time. Only one person may be designated per household. Authorization cannot be granted solely for customer convenience – an extreme hardship must exist and be validated. Dual military couples (active duty) with children in the household and single parents (active duty) with children in the household may also have a designated agent when a family care plan is in effect.
3. Base Exchange and Commissary personnel have the right to limit purchases made in their store. Any suspicion that someone is attempting to make purchases in a fraudulent manner (for other than the sponsor and their household) may result in confiscation of the Designated Agent letter and suspension of privileges in accordance with 45th Force Support Squadron Standard Operating Procedure (copy of this instruction is on file in the Customer Service office).
4. The following current supporting documentation must be presented each time a letter is issued and/or renewed: Authorized patron’s presence or valid Power of Attorney: If the authorized patron is unable to be present at the time of issuance, the person obtaining the agent card must have a current Power of Attorney authorizing them to conduct actions pertaining to the military on behalf of the sponsor or surviving dependent.
NOTE: THIS SITE IS NOT FOR PASSPORTS. If you require a passport appointment, email the passport agents at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 321-494-9024/2330/4268.
DFAS Contact Phone Numbers:
AIR FORCE - (317) 212-3657 or 800-525-0102
NAVY - 888-332-7411 (opt 2)
ARMY - (317) 212-1910 or 888-332-7411
MARINES - (703) 784-9529
COAST GUARD - (785) 339-3441
Other locations for ID cards include: NRC Orlando (407) 240-5939, NAWC Orlando (407)-240-5939, NMWR Miami (305) 293-3778, or to find the site near you go to RAPIDS Site Locator.
In the event you have any questions or concerns, contact the MPF Customer Support at (321) 494-6144. Thank you for your cooperation.