Manatee Cove Marina
Bldg 1493, (321) 494-7455
Marina Community Members:
We need your help in reporting things that do not appear to be normal or allowed under our community policies. If you see suspicious activity or witness theft, please call Security Forces at 321-494-2008. For sightings of improper discharges into the Marina basin, please call Florida Fish & Wildlife Commission (FWC) at 1-888-404-3922. With your help we can keep the Manatee Cove Marina a safe and pristine community!
Location: N 28 - 12.854, W 80 - 36.719 - Click here to take a tour
Note: Until further notice, there is no docking transient or temporary mooring at the main dock without prior coordination; this includes Friday nights. You will be told to move your boat if you tie up to the main dock without permission. Again, call ahead, we have a few empty slips scattered throughout the Marina and we will do our best to find everyone a place to tie-up. A-dock north slips 50-56 are available on a first come-first serve basis for non-scheduled temporary tie-ups. During the construction, slips are at a premium and scheduling will be a challenge, I appreciate your assistance in this matter.
The Manatee Cove Marina offers many benefits to members:
- Remember to carry your membership card when ordering at the bars.
- $2 in coupons per month, plus a monthly gas coupon
- Holiday Parties & BBQs, many are free or at reduced prices
- Tiki Bar open 7 days a week (weather permitting)
- Free play on pool table, electronic darts and juke box
- Quarterly Appreciation Days
- Enjoy a high degree of camaraderie
- Reduced rates on slips (a 50 to 75% savings)
- Friday Night Socials - free hors d' oeuvres
- Use of boat ramps
- Laundry/shower facility
- Free monthly Pancake Breakfast& Sailboat races
- Free rental of Picnic Point Pavilion
- Ship's Store with unique Manatee Cove clothing line
NOTE: BOAT RENTALS, please see Outdoor Rec web page or call 321-494-2042.
PROGRAMS AND EVENTS
Tuesdays @ 5 pm. We will be playing three games: games one and two will be a 50/50 split. Game three will be winner takes all. $6 for members, $12 for guests.
SIX-WEEK TRIVIA CHALLENGE
Nightly prizes given to the halftime winner! A prize is also given to the overall winner at the end of each six-week competition. Music Trivia on May 24th.
GRILL n' CHILL THURSDAYS
From 5 - 8 pm: Bring your own grill items (hot dogs burgers, steak) to throw on the Marina’s grill on select Thursday nights. Sit back, “chill out” and enjoy the music from “Chef” DJ Fatz.
Members with birthdays in the current month come out and enjoy a piece of cake on Apr 20th, May 18th and Jun 15th during Grill n' Chill.
FRIDAY NIGHT SOCIAL ENTERTAINMENT
Enjoy live entertainment and snacks every Friday night starting at 5 pm. Members, don’t miss your chance at the weekly drawing held around 6 pm. (must be present to win). Guests pay $3 per person. We start with $100 & increase $100 every week to $1,000!
- Apr 21: JD the DJ - Pulled Pork
- Apr 28: London Ink - Hot Dogs & Bratwurst
- May 5: Johnny Danger Live - Tacos
- May 12: St. John's Wood - Gyros
- May 19: GT Express - Pizza
- May 26: DJ Fatz - Wings
- Jun 2: Johnnie Danger Live - Pizza
- Jun 9: J&R Entertainment - Baked Potato
- Jun 16: JD the DJ - Lasagna
- Jun 23: Everette Stephens - Cold Cuts
- Jun 30: Stoney 3 - Pulled Pork
SUNDAYS ON THE DECK
See you on Sunday afternoons starting Jan 8th from 4 - 7 pm for great music and the best place on base to watch our glorious sunsets. Meet up with friends and co-workers and enjoy a cool beverage. All active duty military and DoD ID card holders are welcome.
- Mar 26: Everette Stephens
- Apr 2: Minimum Wake
- Apr 9: Jon Parrot
- Apr 16: No Entertainment - Easter Sunday
- Apr 23: Rick Merrill
- Apr 30: Beachside Breeze
- May 7: Susan'ah Free
- May 14: Ted Villareal
- May 21: Everette Stephens
- May 28: Scott Lassiter
LEARN TO SAIL right here at the Marina!
Lessons are held the first and third weekends of the month. Mate "A" Beginner Level: $50, Skipper "B" Intermediate Level: $75.
RENT A SAILBOAT
18' Precisions: $10 per hour with a 2-hour minimum or $40 per day.
22' Catalina: $13 per hour with a 2-hour minimum or $60 per day. Sailing certificate is required.
MEMBERS ONLY WEEKDAY SPECIALS
Enjoy a cool refreshing drink Mon-Thu at the marina and show your Marina Membership card for special pricing. Members receive discount on all sodas, beer, wine, and well drinks from 4-6 pm.
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED - CONSIDER VOLUNTEERING!
If you enjoy all our fun events here at MCM, please consider volunteering. All of the events are manned by wonderful volunteers and we are always in need of more! Events include Friday Night Socials, Movie Night, Pancake Breakfasts and volunteers help with planning special events & decorating the club as we change seasons. If you want to become a volunteer to help your club, please contact the Membership Coordinator in the office at 321-494-7452.
Fees And Charges
(If you are a Tides member, and show your Services Card, you'll receive a 10% discount on new dockage fees and your dues will be discounted to $5.)
MEMBERSHIP FEES $14
LIVE-ABOARD FEES Monthly Fee (37' AVG) Uncovered (30' minimum) $365 Monthly Fee (37' AVG) Covered (30' minimum) $485
WET DOCKAGE FEES Covered Wet Storage (foot/month) $9.50 Wet Storage (foot/month) $7.25
MEMBER TRANSIENT WET STORAGE Less than or equal to 24' (per/day) $11.25 Greater than 24' (per/day) $28 Non-member Transient Wet Storage (foot/day w/ 30' minimum) $1.50
UTILITIES FEES are included: 30 AMP, 50 AMP & Water
DRY STORAGE Boat w/ Trailer (/month) $50 Trailer (/month) $50 Trailer only (Boat in wet slip, /month) $30
ANNOUNCEMENTS AND NOTES
ATTENTION The Marina was granted a Small Project Program grant of $285K from AFSPC to repair/replace the main marina deck (west of the clubhouse). Project estimated completion the end of Apr 2016. This is another great improvement to our facility for our members to enjoy!
VESSEL SAFETY CHECKS The Coast Guard Auxiliary Team will be out every Saturday to perform vessel safety checks. Checks start at 10 am. A sign-up sheet for inspection times will be in the office. All boats kept at the Marina are required to have the VSC completed annually.
PARKING ISSUES: Unfortunately, the parking lot at the marina is small and spaces on Friday nights and for special events tend to fill up fast. Please use the golf course parking lot as overflow and note that parking on grassy areas could result in parking tickets/fines.
LEASE AGREEMENT RENEWALS - Anyone with a boat stored at the marina (wet or dry storage), must sign an annual agreement.
Bar pricing: Members, carry your membership card. Non-members will see a price increase ranging from 25 cents to $1.25 for mixed drinks at both bars. Card will be checked when ordering. Members will not see an increase in cost.
Salty Sailor Talk at Bar - Please be aware of others and out of courtesy and respect, please watch your language. What does not offend you, may offend others.
OIL RECYCLING IS AVAILABLE AT THE MARINA Members who are performing routine oil changes on their vessels now have the option of disposing used oil on-site. Oil must be in approved (marked) containers and must be free from other contaminates. Oil can be dropped off Mon-Sat from 7 am -3:30 pm with any maintenance worker. Oil is placed into our drums for recycling and container is returned to owner. Call the office for more information.
CREDIT CARD UPDATES REQUIRED: Please check your bank statements regularly to ensure there is not a problem with monthly dues/dockage charges and make sure you let us know of chard changes, expiration date extensions, etc.
The following is a quick list of the minimal requirements if your vessel is to be kept in the water during the storm.
- Mooring lines at least doubled and positioned to accommodate rising water (bow, stern, and spring)
- Chafing gear in place as needed
- Appropriate fenders in place
- All canvas removed and stowed (to include Biminis tops, side curtains, fly bridge cover, windshield cover, eisen glass, etc.
- All sails removed and booms properly secured
- Remove any other items that can become "torpedoes" in high winds (life rafts, deck furniture, satellite dishes, fishing gear, deck/cockpit cushions, etc.
- Ensure your dock box is locked and secured on the dock or remove it (see maintenance staff for assistance if needed)
- Disconnect and store power cords and hoses - electric is turned off as we hit the 24 hour - shut off electrical devices (except bilge pump) to protect battery