Community Programs & Unit Cohesion Coordinator (C-3)
WHAT IS UNITE? Revitalizing Squadrons "...The Beating Heart of the Air Force"
The UNITE initiative provides Squadron/Unit commanders with funding to facilitate unit cohesion and initiate programs that benefit their members. Eligibility – This program will benefit all Airmen in a unit — Active AF, Reserve and Civilian (appropriated and non-appropriated employees) directly assigned to the squadron. Family members and contractors are highly encouraged to participate, however non-reimbursable.
HOW CAN WE SUPPORT
Your Community Programs and Unit Cohesion Coordinator (C3) will assist you with the planning, development and coordination of UNITE programs and events whether on or off the installation. You have the flexibility of creating your own unit-developed event or select from a wide variety of ready-to-execute programs. Per approved event, Activity Funds (up to $13.50 per person) may be used to offset Airmen participation costs for a unit cohesive/recreational activity. Food Funds (up to $5 per person) may be used for the purchase of food in conjunction with an approved UNITE event.
What we cannot support
UNITE FUNDS CANNOT BE USED FOR THE FOLLOWING:
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Cleaning Supplies
- Disc Jockey (DJ)
- End of Year Events
- Equipment Purchases
- Equipment purchases to donate to charities (Example: Build-A-Bike)
- Hand sanitizers, gloves, face coverings, thermometers, or medical equipment as these are considered Personal Protective Equipment.
- Holiday Parties
- Items for volunteer events(gloves, tools, paint, supplies)
- Late Fees/Damaged Equipment
What You Get with UNITE Programs
- Develop new skills or competency
- Improve physical fitness
- Increase esprit de corps, comradery or morale
- Promote interaction between unit members
- Provide an opportunity for fun or relaxation
- Reinforce peer, squadron or AF corps values
- Squadrons will build unit cohesion
- Work on a team-building exercise
How to Host an Event in 4 Easy Steps:
- Contact your Squadron UNITE POC(s) to submit an Event Request form. To find out who your squadron POCs are, contact the installation’s C-3. To view our Ready-to-execute UNITE programs, click the UNITE Program Brochure or Virtual UNITE Program at the top of the page.
- Upon final approval, C-3 will pay for event expenses, (allow up to 21 days for approval process).
- Execute event…Take pics, HAVE Fun!
- Complete the UNITE After Action form and send form with event pics to your Squadron UNITE POC, no more than 48 hours after your event date.
- Check out our UNITE Grab-N-Go Menu. Pick-ups are available at select FSS food facilities - easy and convenient!